Google+ Followers

2012-09-03

Immobiliser, more bad luck.

Since Cubby only came with one key I decided to gain a new skill by buying a programmer and some ID chips. Naturally the first one I used, sitting uselessly here on a bread tag, was faulty. This of course led to a wasted few hours included a worrying time when I'd managed to wipe the original key, thinking I was so far out of my depth that only a meteor strike could avoid bringing shame to Jimmy.
Anyway after reading the manual and learning about a few more things I didn't need, I tried another chip, success, so I programmed three of them as well as putting the original back into service, plus removing the old spare key that I never got from Cubby's memory.
An expensive way of sorting out a spare key but the new toy should work on a large selection of vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment