2019-01-21

A genius bodge that I can't approve of.

My Mother bought a neglected and run down 626 Mazda that I've been working on getting road worthy for a while, this is the reason I haven't been able to bleed the right rear brake, someone has blocked the pipe where it joins the hose with a shortened pop rivet, the good is it really worked very well, but for me the bad is that I expect the caliper to leak after removing the rivet and reconnecting the line.

I'm actually relieved as I was in the throes of working out how to diagnose the ABS unit and figure out plumbing, now at least I expect a far simpler job.

I have to use a camera these days to be able to see things, without the photo I had no real idea as my eyes don't work well enough, reason too for my being very slow updating this weblog as I really am an invalid these days, at least until they do that quick and fairly simple cataract operation, but they do have to keep a lengthy waiting list or they'll do themselves out of a job.

1 comment:

  1. You can buy a caliper rebuild kit for less than $30 au on eBay. More than likely just the rubber seal has gone bad.

    ReplyDelete