2018-10-28

My sight with cataracts.

This is how most folk would see this screen.
This is about how my right eye sees things now.

My left eye is fairly useless now yet manages to help my right eye out, I can't read the computer screen with it but it does add to my sight.
What's a concern is the cataracts snuck up on me over a long time and I was very late to realise they were the reason my eyes were being naughty. My right eye which has been reasonable I think is now trying to play catch-up to its partner and has lost some more vision recently, meanwhile I patiently wait for my name to bubble to the head of the hospital waiting list, hopefully within a couple of years but I may need to buy a white cane beforehand.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the eye issues, Jim. Best wishes on getting that list to move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my wish Dave, I took strike action on the cardiac folk who have been hounding me, told them to get stuffed until my eyes are done, after that for some purely coincidental reason (insert angel picture here) Ophthalmology called and advised that their boss had upgraded my eyes to category 2 and made an appointment to look at them on the 18th December, yippee a real win.

    ReplyDelete