2017-04-01

A couple of Jimby modifications to a Nikon S7000.

I grabbed this useful little camera some time ago at the right price but a couple of things I didn't like was the shutter button didn't feel right and the selector dial twisted far too easily, too often causing drama by turning whilst being pocketed/unpocketed.
After testing it out I figured I had no real need to change it from the green auto setting so I've used a bit of UV setting fingernail paint to fix it in place, if needed the knob can still be rotated after a bit of extra force breaks the seal.
Some rhinestones padded the shutter button to give it a nice feel.
This S7000 camera ticks a lot of my boxes for what I like in a camera, fairly good picture quality, a useful 20x zoom, comes in a non-black colour, is USB chargeable, small and light enough to carry anywhere in a pocket, and at the time I bought it a sharp price.
I have used it to post a fair number of shots to this weblog but you'll have to check the EXIF (which I leave in the shots I take) to see where it's been used.

2 comments: