2010-08-02

Oh goodie.




The new capacitors arrived this morning so I slapped them into my injured monitor straight away and yippee they worked.

A nice cheap easy fix. The blue ones I had put in earlier from old muddy stock I had, so I only had to do the four middle ones today, it had 680µF ones but they weren't easy to find, so since they were in parallel I whacked in a 1000µF and a 470µF to form a "near enough" solution.

That's cheered me up though it's a pity in a way that companies who make products get a bad name because their component suppliers sell substandard goods. I suppose the capacitors here are part of the great industrial spying cockup from many years ago that has affected hectares of consumer products, probably we can blame it on the latest ISS Air Conditioning failure too.

No comments:

Post a Comment