2020-08-20

Teeth be gone.

Jimby had fun at the hospital today, a morning visit where they took an impression so they could add to my partial plate, then an afternoon visit so they could pull my front teeth, and as usual it was a major job with them stubbornly resisting efforts to extract them. They were sound but needed work and apparently my bite was such that it would destroy any repair in short order, and our free system doesn't cater for advanced repairs, so out they came. This is the rear view as they were in my mouth.
This is how things look now, they slapped the plate straight in and advised me to try not to remove it for a while. A little bit of blood but they stitched things and it isn't gushing out like it did after my last extraction. That rotten looking tooth on the lower right of photo is scheduled to be filled next month, if it remains viable, it was slated for March but a little thing called COVID-19 and a lot of scaremongering got in the way. I might even try to learn to smile with my teeth showing now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment