2019-11-16

Oscar again.

I visited Grace at the cemetery this morning so I took a piccie of Oscar since John has correctly picked me up for being slack lately.
I'm also as sore as buggery today from changing Oscar's timing belt yesterday.
It started off as a simple enough job  but it soon degenerated into the job from hell due to a lack of room and the new belt being a very tight fit and very difficult to get onto the sprockets.
A keen eye will see the water pump has a trace of seepage, I'll have to replace that soon but without knowing Oscar's history I wanted to get a new timing belt on ASAP, although Oscar's DW10BTED4 engine is a clever design that sacrifices rockers in case of a snapped timing belt rather than destroy the engine, for me it's still urgent to try to prevent that sort of damage.
Golly I'm sore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment