2019-10-31

A special tool for Oscar.

To relieve the tension on Oscar's serpentine belt it requires a number 15 spanner, I've had this broken one laying around for a decade and despite it having the ring end broken, I decided I'd endure the irksome use of the open end if it worked sufficiently well, happily it did and the extra length provided by the wood lathe tool which I had no use for helps the job a plenty. The rusty welding rod is what I bent (unseen here) so it could fit into the locking hole for the tensioner.
My new ultra small and cheap stick welder works a treat too, highly recommended compared to the old brick sh!thouses.
Brother Mega may be pleased to know that Oscar's trip computer can be set to km per litre, me I'm happy enough with litres per 100 km, but maybe I could become oriental and try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment