2019-02-17

Kaput Kinforest kf550.

Nearly 2 years old and finished, still plenty of tread but it's out of round, the tread has come away from the belt and rendered it useless unless you're in the Philippines where vulcanizers (their spelling) can weave magic on anything.
A real shame as I've absolutely loved these tyres until now, they handle fantastic wet or dry and have a more civilised feel than the original Goodyears which I hated, as well as wearing vastly less.
Daisy looks very ordinary with the spare fitted.
I've ordered a pair of Kingrun T150 to sort out this murky mess, I'll fit them as a pair on an axle and I'll mount one of the current Kinforest onto the spare rim so then all tyres will be 175/65-14, whereas stock was 185/60-14, but I'm not a fan of the current fashion for skinny sidewalls.
 Not mine but my Mother was driving on this until I changed it today. I can really say anything due to triggering tears but I might set this as an example of the effects of smoking, which are more than a dollar a stick in Australia.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen videos on YouTube of Philippine "vulcanizers" at work. All I can say is the speed limit in their country must be low. Very low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a vulcanizer shop every 100 metres in Philippines so no need even to have a spare over there. The open road speed limit is officially 80 km/h but I doubt if there's any roads where you'd manage to get up to that speed.

    ReplyDelete